Our voice is a signature of the self. People can tell a lot about others through their voices. The sound of our voice enables people to read us at a deep level instinctively. In business, it is essential we become aware of our voice and work on it so that we give our business the best possible chance even if we have no desire to go into public speaking.
It is important that we deal with the untold stories that our voice timbre and energy carries, as this will put people off. These can be stories of disempowerment and we think by hiding them deeply within ourselves, people won’t know about them, but our voice is a vibration and these stories will transpire in our vibration. Voice is also a carrier of confidence, but it cannot be faked. We have to do the ground work to clear our issues around confidence and power. It is not that we are not gifted, it is just that we don’t own our competence. Voice work can help with that. It helps us to embody our power. This can sometimes involve dropping the voice in.
None of this can happen if you don’t feel safe, though. So do you feel safe in the public eye? If not, there is a lot you can do.
- Practice in front of a camera as often as you can and record yourself
- Get out of your comfort zone and allow yourself to be interviewed on FB lives or podcasts if it feels more comfortable than video to start with
- Sing in the comfort and privacy of your own home or car as often as you can – maybe choosing a song which lyrics resonate with the power we want to embody
- Write your story and what you stand for (you don’t have to share it right away)
- Connect to your essence and your story and tell it even if it is to your cat
- Let your message be more important than your hang ups – tune into the bigger purpose of your mission
- Connect to the emotion behind your story and don’t be afraid to show that emotion (after creating a safe space to do so which is something that happens step by step)
If you would like to hear more about this week’s fabulous interview, head over to the podcast and listen to Dominique Oyston and I talking about this fascinating topic. Dominique is the founder of the Goddess Voice Academy. You can find her on her Facebook page here.
(c) Ange de Lumiere 2019